Tuesday, May 10, 2016

EPHEMERA: The HoseMaster Answers Three Questions on Vinolent


I received an email a week or so ago from a Brit named Joss Fowler who writes a wine blog called Vinolent. Great word. For many years, Joss has been soliciting answers to Three Questions from noteworthy people in the wine business. A brief stroll through his Three Questions archives reveals a pretty impressive list of folks who have answered the three questions. For some bizarre reason, Joss wanted to screw that up by asking me to participate. I liked the premise, I liked the site, and I liked the company I was going to keep, so I answered Joss' Three Questions.

You can find the very brief post here:

Vinolent

Joss has some very kind words to say about my work in his introduction, for which I am very grateful. I've mentioned this before, but the Brits seem to be more enamored of the HoseMaster of Wine™ than the folks around here in wine country. Not sure why, though they have a long and honorable satiric tradition, from Chaucer to Swift to Monty Python.

Thanks, Joss, it was a pleasure.

2 comments:

Bob Henry said...

Yeah, a great Château Rayas will definitely gobsmack you. (For me, it was discovering the 1990.)

Is James Lipton administering Bernard Pivot's "Bouillon de Culture" questionnaire next on the bucket list?

Samantha Dugan said...

Ron My Love,
I do so adore reading your palate through your descriptions. This was a fun read.
I love you!